ATLANTA, Georgia (WDEF) – Six Flags Over Georgia announces their next major ride.
The Twisted Cyclone hybrid roller coaster arrives in 2018.
The hybrid coaster offers a classic-looking wooden structure, with modern steel track that allows multiple inversions.
Here are the Twisted Cyclone highlights include:
• An insanely steep 75-degree initial drop from nearly 100 feet into a jaw-dropping reverse cobra roll sending riders perpendicular to the ground;
• Three hair-raising upside down inversions and 10 airtime moments along 2,400 feet of track at speeds of 50 miles per hour;
• The feeling of weightlessness through a 360-degree zero gravity roll;
• One-of-a-kind custom coaster trains modeled after a classic 1960’s sports convertible; and
• A smoother, sleeker, more intense ride than ever before.
“Six Flags was the first in the industry to introduce this hybrid technology and Twisted Cyclone is a shining example of Six Flags innovation at its very best. Year after year, our park keeps delivering unique thrills for all ages and this state-of-the-art hybrid coaster is an absolute game-changer,” said Park President Dale Kaetzel.
“Our guests are going to be blown away by the unbelievable features of this coaster.”
Construction is already underway.
It should debut next spring.
It will replace the old Georgia Cyclone that closed this summer after 27 years at the park.
Here is a Point-Of-View look of the ride.