Fireworks ignite inside grocery store, prompting evacuation

0
57

ATLANTA (AP) – Shoppers at an Atlanta grocery store had to abandon their carts and leave the store after someone ignited a fireworks display inside, setting off the sprinkler system.

Authorities say that someone ignited the display inside the Publix store south of the city Thursday night, prompting everyone inside to be evacuated. Atlanta Fire Rescue spokesman Cortez Stafford tells The Atlanta Journal-Constitution there were no serious injuries.

- Advertisement -

A photo from the fire department showed a massive pile of charred fireworks in one of the aisles.

Fire officials think a group of young people may be responsible.

___

(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

CBS46 News